Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jigsaw

Today I used a form of jigsawing to get through a chapter's worth of important information in a class period. I had 34 names of significant people covered in the chapter of study. I divided the names between 3 groups. Students within the groups divided up the names, did the research, and shared their findings. Once each group member had a complete list from their group, all groups would exchange their findings from the people they researched. The end product would be each student having complete information for all 34 significant people in which they can study tonight for the test tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for trying out jigsaw! Let us know how the test turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, I am curious to see how your students did on the test. When we tried this strategy this summer I found that I really remembered the part I was responsible to teach. Unfortunately I don't remember as much about the other sections of text that were taught to me. It does however sound like a great way to cover a lot of information with limited on time.

    ReplyDelete